Life Long Learning in Action

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Instructify- a new fave of mine.

I found a great blog a few weeks back called Instructify. A nice stop for an elementary teacher like myself looking for internet resources.




I enjoy the new suggested resources and their take on sharing them. Here is a snippet from their "About" page.

The Instructify philosophy–Teach smarter, not harder.

Instructify is where teachers can stock their toolboxes with practical, time-saving classroom ideas and cutting edge methods of instruction. It’s where to find useful, free technology to utilize in the classroom. And it’s a fun place to spend your planning period.

Instructify is also a verb. To Instructify means to find new ways to present the same old content. Or MacGyvering anything from software to Post-it notes into something you can teach with. It also works great as a command. As in, “Don’t just teach, Instructify!

Through Instructify I have found many great resources. Just the other day I was able to use some of the ideas from EEK: Environmental Education for Kids with my third graders.



3 comments:

A. Mercer said...

Yeah, I heard about it on Ed Tech Talk. I passed it on to Larry Ferlazzo, who if you don't read him already, has a similar blog, but aimed at ESL/ELD instruction. http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org

Cheryl Oakes said...

Thanks for the post about instructify. I will give you a shout out when it is my WOW and Geek of the week. Thanks,
Cheryl Oakes

M. Circe said...

I will certainly check out Larry's blog. Thank you Alice!