Life Long Learning in Action

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Where's Waldo

I committed the cardinal sin of blogging, lack of posting! Many apologies. The school year started on the 5th for me and I have been going full steam since! Also I bought a house on the 7th. My free time has been limited. When I am not working on the house, planning for my class, or working on my graduate school work, I am with my wife and son... at Lowe's. They should include in the disclosure information how many trips you will need to take to a home improvement store before you can move in. The first weekend I think we had 7 total visits. Obviously you can tell we are first time home buyers!

Two quick pics of the house project...

Floor Before, tearing out the carpet (It smelled like a 20 year old Cat)


Floor After (Refinished! No more animal mess stains.)


What woke me up, out of my blogging slumber, was a mention on one of my favorite podcasts, The Ohio Treasure Chest Podcast. There I was, sitting in the teacher lounge today grading papers and waiting for Open House night to start, listening to my fancy new mp3 player. I was listening to the latest OTCP show when Eric began to share his favorite blogs. He mentioned el/ed/tech! I could not believe it. Thank you Eric, it is an honor!

The Ohio Treasure Chest
is an excellent resource for educators of every level. I have shared it with many of my fellow staff members and frequently use the site to find resources to support my instruction. The podcast is professional, informational, and I always leave with a new resource following Eric's review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey man I really like what you did with the floor there. You went from an old dusty shack to a taj mahale like palace. Good work and keep on keeping on. --Greg Ed 205