Life Long Learning in Action

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Yahoo! for Teachers

Early in July I had the wonderful opportunity to travel to New York City to take part in a Yahoo! for Teachers workshop where they introduced us to the soon to be released Yahoo! for Teachers website. Collected with me were educators from throughout the tri-state area looking to learn more about the new service Yahoo! is creating. I must say that I was extremely impressed with the Yahoo! teachers site. As mentioned, on the launch announcement website, this service is a "peer network designed by and for teachers." The ability to develop lessons and units using their well thought out tools is simply fantastic. I look forward to sharing what I can with my fellow teachers this fall and hopefully with Yahoo's permission incorporate them into the testing phase. I will add more insight later on about the tools (Project building, "Gobbler", Peer-State/Grade Level sharing), and since everything is still in development and private testing I will leave you to be filled with suspense! Here is an informational video about Yahoo! for Teachers!



Bill Scott wrote a nice blog entry "Yahoo! Teachers and the Yahoo! Gobbler" that includes some photos as well as a video of the site in action.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Hey Mike,

Thanks for this great post about Yahoo! For Teachers. We enjoyed having you and the other educators spend the day with us at Yahoo! HQ in NYC.

We appreciated all the feedback, input and ideas on how we can make Yahoo! For Teachers even better. We are looking forward to launching Yahoo! For Teachers soon!

Thanks again!

Derek